SECTION 4: WORD-PROCESSING AND WEB PAGE DESIGN GENERAL OBJECTIVES On completion of this Section, students should: 1. have hands-on experience in the use of Word-Processing and Web Page Design in the development of computer-generated documents; and, 2. be able to express their aptitude and creativity in design.
- 1. create a document using content from a range of sources;
- 2. use appropriate document formatting features;
- 3. use appropriate editing features to structure and organize a document;
- 4. use the review feature of a word processor to enhance document readiness;
- 5. appropriately use features that allow the protection of a document;
- 6. generate table of contents for a document;
- 7. use mail merge feature in the preparation of a document for a variety of situations;
- 8. create a fillable electronic form for online use;
WEB PAGE DESIGN This section provides students with hands-on experience in the use of web design tools to create a simple website.
- 9. plan a website structure and organization of page;
- 10. create simple web pages using a variety of design features; (The use of HTML coding is not required.)
- 11. insert hyperlinks within different locations of a typical web page; and,
- 12. evaluate a website for accuracy, user friendliness and effective display.
SECTION 5: SPREADSHEETS GENERAL OBJECTIVE On completion of this Section, students should develop expertise in the use of a spreadsheet package in the development of computer applications.
- 1. explain the purpose of a spreadsheet;
- 2. use appropriate terminologies and notions commonly associated with spreadsheets;
- 3. use basic pre-defined systems functions;
- 4. create advanced arithmetic formulae;
- 5. replicate (copy) formulae into other cells;
- 6. manipulate columns and rows;
- 7. manipulate data in a spreadsheet;
- 8. perform charting operations; and,
- 9. Manipulate one or more worksheets
- Spreadsheet Multiple Choice
SECTION 6: DATABASE MANAGEMENT GENERALOBJECTIVES On completion of this Section, students should develop expertise in the design of a database management system in the development of computer applications.