- 0 (Registered)
Fundamentals of Leadership
A team can quickly fail without an authoritative leader. There are many different leadership styles but they must all possess a similar foundation. Leadership is a journey – there will be many challenges and there is always room for improvement.
You may have a number of leaders in your organization, or you might just have one. As a company grows, it will need to establish new leaders in the form of managers and supervisors to lead separate teams. Management and leadership development is really important to ensure that managers are equipped with the tools lead a productive and engaged team of staff. Failing to engage leaders through career development will make it unlikely that they will engage their staff.
This training programme will provide leaders with an arsenal of techniques to become excellent managers. Here’s a roundup of what makes a great leader, but it is far from definitive.
Know what you want to achieve
A manager or anyone in a leadership position needs to understand their responsibility. They must be clear on the purpose of the team they are leading, and create plans to achieve the established goal. This includes marking objectives for the leader, and for the team as a whole.
Feedback and constructive criticism
A leader is liable to make improvements by giving individual and team feedback. As well as positive feedback and praise, leaders should focus on constructive criticism and guiding staff members to improve. It’s all about delivering clear messages which explain what you expect and how it can be achieved.
As a leader, you need to embrace change. Businesses are a changeable environment, as markets move and clients’ expectations shift. In a management position you may have to shift your own roles and responsibilities, and start working with new teams of people. You have to be able to adapt, as well as encouraging your team to adapt with you. Delivering change can be difficult when faced with resistance from employees – a good leader deals with these problems early to ensure a smooth transition.
Demonstrating Leadership Seminar 1
Demonstrating Leadership Seminar 2
- Lesson 1: What is Leadership
- Lesson 2: The Difference between Management and Leadership
- Lesson 3: Balancing the act between Managing and Leading
- Lesson 4: The Five levels of Leaderships
- Lesson 5: The Scope, Stakes and Proportion of Management and Leadership
- Lesson 6: Stages of Development of the Organization
Demonstrating Leadership Seminar 3
- Lesson 1: Mapping Professional Competencies
- Lesson 2: The Importance of Clear Values and Vision
- Lesson 3: The Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Lesson 4: The Importance of Motivation
- Lesson 5: Focusing on Professional Development
- Lesson 6: Team Performance
- Lesson 7: Facilitating Changes
- Lesson 8: What is Political Acumen
- Lesson 9: Analyzing the Organization and Industry
- Lesson 10: Building Key Relationships
- Lesson 11: Building and Maintaining Organizational Culture
- Lesson 12: What is Sustainability
- Lesson 13: What is Resilience
Demonstrating Leadership Seminar 4